Best Betting Sites in Georgia
Georgia is a country located in the Caucasus region in Eurasia and was part of the now-defunct Soviet Union. Georgia is home to some of the globe’s famous sports personalities such as Shota Arveladze, Kakha Kaladze, Tornike Shengelia and Zaza Pachulia, to mention but a few.
A majority of Georgian citizens love sports, football and rugby in particular. There little to no gambling activities during the Soviet era with the country consisting of only a single casino and no betting at all. However, with the collapse of the Soviet Union, everything changed with Georgia slowly witnessing the emergence of betting shops and casinos, albeit slowly.
But it was not until 2005 that the first law aimed at regulating betting activities was introduced. Georgia’s Revenue Service got the privilege of overseeing the entire gambling-related operations in the country and the issuance of gambling licenses to those who meet set standards.
But on a closer examination, you’ll notice that currently, there are quite a few bookmakers in Georgia with licenses to operate. Some of them include Crystalbet, Adjarabet and Vivarobet. But that doesn’t mean that local bettors can’t access foreign bookies in search for more diversity. Local players can place their bets at international sportsbooks such as 22Bet or 1xBet.
Sports Betting in Georgia – 5 Essential things be aware of
Before beginning to place bets in Georgia, there are five essential things that a player needs to know. Five most crucial factors include the following:
- The legal and minimum age of gambling is 18
- Over 40% of Georgia’s adult population do participate in sports betting at least once a month.
- Revenues realized from sports betting represent close to 10% of Georgia’s income.
- Georgia’s betting shops are lovely to Turkish players who mostly cross the border to place bets.
- Compared to 2017, Georgia realized the growth of online betting to over 300% in 2018
Best Georgian betting sites
After thoroughly examining Georgia’s top-quality betting sites, we present to you those that offer their customers unforgettable betting experience. We showcase those that provide high odds, GEL currency, Georgian language, a wide array of payment options, betting markets, and appealing promotions.
|1||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|2||Claim your bet365||Review||Visit|
|3||100% up to 1500€||Review||Visit|
|4||100% bonus up to 1 BitCoin!||Review||Visit|
|5||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|6||50% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|7||100% fino a 150€||Review||Visit|
|9||100% up to 500€||Review||Visit|
|10||100% Up To 100€/$||Review||Visit|
|11||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|12||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|13||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|14||100% up to 15€||Review||Visit|
|15||100% up to a 100€||Review||Visit|
|16||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|17||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|18||100% fino a 25€||Review||Visit|
|19||10% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|20||100% up to 3.000€||Review||Visit|
|21||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|22||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|23||100% up to 30€||Review||Visit|
|24||100% up to 50€||Review||Visit|
|25||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|26||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|27||100% up to 200€||Review||Visit|
|28||100% up to 150€||Review||Visit|
|29||100% fino a 30€||Review||Visit|
|30||100% up to a 100€||Review||Visit|
|31||100% up to a 100€||Review||Visit|
|32||100% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|33||100% fino a 50€||Review||Visit|
|34||25% up to 50€||Review||Visit|
|35||100% up to 50€||Review||Visit|
|36||40% up to 100€||Review||Visit|
|37||Does not offer bonuses||Review||Visit|
|38||100% up to 200€||Review||Visit|
Georgia’s gambling law framework: Rules and regulations
As mentioned earlier, it was not until March 25, 2005, that the ‘Law of Georgia on Organizing Lotteries, gaming and winning games‘ came into force. Over the years, this law has been subjected to several amendments, the latest one being in 2011 that introduced a plan to expand gambling across Georgia through tax reliefs for operators that establish casinos and betting shops in rural areas.
While there advanced to prohibit online sports betting in addition to gambling advertisements, nothing substantial was taken towards such a move. Still, even it becomes a requirement for online operators to operate a brick-and-mortar casino so that they can be given a license until now, no legal actions have been taken against the unlicensed operators. In other words, this is to say that foreign non-licensed bookies aren’t restricted in Georgia.
However, they face fierce competition from local operators such as Vivarobet.ge, Crystalbet.ge, and Adjarabet.ge, Europebet, and Totogaming. As you can see, Georgia gives its sports betting enthusiasts more to choose from when they want to bet.
Something good about Georgia is that online bookies can operate without having to pay any licensing levies at all. However, betting shops have to pay annual operation fees that vary from GEL 40,000 to GEL 300,000 depending on the location. Sports betting is free in Georgia, but not other forms of gambling such as lotteries and casinos.
Crucial information for Georgian players
Are you a Georgian bettor? If you happen to be one, then there’s some essential information that you need to be armed with to ensure that you have the desired betting experience. Are you aware that winnings accrued from lotteries and sports betting that exceed over GEL 1,000 are subjected to 10% of taxes. But if you opt for foreign bookies, then you don’t have to worry concerning any fees.
From 2018 onwards, Georgia’s authorities have been tirelessly working to ensure that cases of money and excessive gambling don’t take place in Georgia. However, a lot of discussions and proposals seem to have been targeting casinos. But with no restrictions towards wagering on foreign bookies, Georgian players have the freedom of placing bets on any bookie that sound appealing to them.
Are there any .com sportsbooks that accept Georgian players?
Several international bookies have managed to get licenses to operate in Georgia. There are plenty of them to choose from in Georgia. But for a Georgian bettor, all that s/he wants to know are the best ones that offer top-notch services. Therefore, we present those that stand out from the crowd.
- 888sport Georgia – 888sport is one of the globe’s most reputable bookmakers with a license to operate in Georgia. 888sport’s menu of services that they offer appeals to a lot of Georgian bettors. With hundreds of betting markets for some of the most popular events, more than 40 sports to choose and a 95%+ payout top footballing events, 888sport is surely a bookie to reckon with any time. It’s one of the top choices for Georgian players.
- 1xBet Georgia – being a top-class sportsbook that accepts Georgian players, 1xBet offers its customers a chance to wager in GEL on an interface fully translated in the Georgian language. That’s not all. 1xBet’s welcome bonus is lovely not forgetting that players can enjoy more than 60,000 pre-match events monthly. There are other rewarding promotions and an overall 97%+ pre-match payout.
- 22Bet Georgia – just like the above two bookies, 22Bet Georgia is another top international bookie that’s highly appreciated by Georgian players. This bookie is known for its high odds on the country’s Erovnuli Liga, compared to others bookmakers. At 22Bet, players can enjoy appealing live betting odds, a 95%+ on significant markets, and a website fully translated to the Georgian language. On top that, the Georgian lari is the standard currency used here.
Betting in Georgia: How to make deposits at online bookies
Depending on the bookie of your choice, you’ll notice that they have plenty of payment options to fund your account. While there aren’t any restrictions on using debit and credit cards, plenty of Georgian bettors prefer e-wallets due to their anonymity and faster processing times. Popular e-wallet options include Qiwi, Skrill, and Neteller. Fortunately, though, there are plenty of bookies that allows players to use GEL, thereby ensuring that customers avoid conversion fees.
Future trends of online gambling in Georgia
It appears as if Georgian authorities have chosen a moderate course between non-licensed and local licensed bookies. While there aren’t any restrictions for the former, players can freely choose where to place their bets. But again, you need to remember that players’ winnings get taxed at 10% if they bet with local operators.
Awarding licenses to more foreign bookies is deemed beneficial both for the state budget and internal competition. But as things appear, it seems that the authorities aren’t much interested in this move, an aspect that sees offshore bookies seeking little to no interest in applying for licenses to operate in Georgia. It’s upon the state to decide how they want the direction of the country’s betting industry to go.
A complete list of Georgian bookies
- 22BET – this bookie provides its players 1,000 live events daily, a 95% payout on top leagues, and cashout.
- 1XBET – 1XBET has more than 50 sports on offer, Asian Handicap, and 1,000 live matches for players to enjoy daily.
- 888sport – this bookie offers its customers 10,000 live events per month, more than 40 sports, and a bet builder.
- BETWINNER – BETWINNER has more than 1000 pre-match events daily, 98%+ on tennis matches, and the chance to bet on horse races.
- FEZbet – here, there’s a cashout, next minute bets, and fast markets to bet on every time.
- Bwin – Bwin provides players with the edit my bet feature, bets on cards and corners, and more than 50 sports on offer.
- Librabet – this bookie provides its customers with high odds on football, a massive variety of betting markets, and attractive welcome bonuses and promotions.
- Bet365 – Bet365 is ideal for football enthusiasts in addition to consisting of more than 150 extra bets on top leagues. Also, there are multiple Asian handicaps here.
- Unibet – at Unibet, players are assured of 250,000 pre-match events per year, more than 10,000 live events monthly, and 96% on Asian Handicaps.
- Melbet – here, players can bet in anonymity with the assurance of extra security. There’s also the option of cash out and partial cash out too.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes. 1XBET is one of the few international bookies that allow Georgian players to wager using the local currency without having to worry about exchange fees.
- Absolutely! 22Bet accepts Georgian players and goes ahead to provide them with an extensive list of betting options, huge markets, and attractive odds. Also, this bookie accepts GEL currency.
- Yes. There aren't any restrictions at all for players to wager at 888sport while in Georgia. All that a player needs to do is to open an account and begin his or her betting experience here.
- Online sports betting in Georgia isn't a state monopoly as such. There are plenty of local bookies with a license and several unlicensed international bookmakers operating in the country.
- Yes. When placing bets on licensed bookies, bettors must pay a tax of 10% on their winnings. However, such fees don't apply to those playing online on foreign non-licensed bookies.