Best Betting Sites in Turkey
Turkey is where the East meets the West. Turkey is a country with an unbelievably diverse and fantastic history. For sports lovers, Turkey has a burning passion when it comes to matters of football. Fenerbahce, Besiktas, and Galatasaray have millions of passionate supporters.
Additionally, talented players such as Fatih Terim, Hakan Sukur, and more recently, Nuri Sahin, Arda Turan, and Hakan Calhanoglu have made Turkish football enthusiasts proud for many years. Turkey’s massive passion for football has, of course, translated into gambling and sports betting too.
Despite the country’s authorities appearing not to be so lax when it comes to matters concerning betting sites or online betting, nevertheless, punters here still find ways of enjoying sports betting.
Both online and brick-and-mortar casinos are regulated by the Ministry of Youth and Sports, with Spor Toto being Turkey’s state-administered monopoly operator. State-owned IDDAA is the only authorized bookmaker in Turkey. Even though Turkey has air-tight laws gambling, nevertheless, Turkish continue to gamble massively.
|1||100% up to 100€||1xbet Review||Visit|
|2||100% bonus up to 1 BitCoin!||1xBit Review||Visit|
|3||100% up to 150€||Rabona Review||Visit|
|4||100% up to 200€||Betwinner Review||Visit|
|5||100% up to 1500€||Bettilt Review||Visit|
|6||100% up to 150€||CampoBet Review||Visit|
|7||100% up to 500€||Cbet Review||Visit|
|8||100% Up To 100€/$||Melbet Review||Visit|
|9||100% up to 100€||Librabet Review||Visit|
|10||100% up to 100€||BonkersBet Review||Visit|
|11||100% up to 100€||22Bet Review||Visit|
|12||100% up to 5.000€||Wild Casino Review||Visit|
|13||100% up to 250$ + 25 Free Bet||Ditobet Review||Visit|
|14||100% up to a 100€||Betmaster Review||Visit|
|15||50% up to 1.000€||SportsBetting.ag Review||Visit|
|16||200% up to 2.000€ + 200 Free Spins||Casino X Review||Visit|
|17||50% up to 50€||Cyber Bet Review||Visit|
|18||100% up to 110€||Betandyou Review||Visit|
|19||100% up to 100€||Svenbet Review||Visit|
|20||100% up to 100€||18bet Review||Visit|
|21||10% up to 100€||Yonibet Review||Visit|
|22||100% up to 150€||Campeonbet Review||Visit|
|23||100% up to 100€||FezBet Review||Visit|
|24||100% up to 200€||Rolletto Review||Visit|
|25||50% up to 1.000€||BetOnline.Ag Review||Visit|
|26||100% up to 100€||DoubleBet Review||Visit|
|27||100% up to 100€||Sportempire Review||Visit|
|28||50% up to 100€||5dimes Review||Visit|
|29||100% up to 50€||ZigZag Sports Review||Visit|
|30||100% up to a 100€||Casinia Review||Visit|
|31||40% up to 100€||Evobet Review||Visit|
|32||100% up to 10€||Betregal Review||Visit|
|33||Does not offer bonuses||Betstars Review||Visit|
|34||100% up to a 100€||Megapari Review||Visit|
|35||Does not offer Bonuses||TigerGaming Review||Visit|
|36||100% up to 200€||Intertops Review||Visit|
|37||100% up to 1.000€||Fortune Clock Review||Visit|
5 things to know before betting in Turkey
- 18 years is the legal gambling age
- Both land-based and online casinos are legal
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports oversees sports betting in Turkey
- Spor Toto is a state-owned monopoly operator
- As of now, there are only t local licensed sites
Best Turkish Betting Sites
Several online betting sites are serving Turkish bettors. But in a sea of many betting sites, choosing the best among them might be a little bit tasking. But there’s no need to worry since we’ve done some digging and present you with the best of them all.
We selected based on the quality of their odds, a wide array of betting markets, customer support, website usability, and player security, to mention but a few. Based on our in-depth research, we found 22BET, 1XBET, and BETWINNER to be among the best betting sites in Turkey.
Online sports betting in Turkey: The legal perspective
Sports betting in Turkey is partly legal and partly illegal. The entire gambling activities except horse racing, sports betting, and lottery have all been illegal since 1997. In 1998, all Turkish land-based casinos were declared illegal. In May 2007, online casinos in Turkey were also banned based on the provisions of the ‘Law Regarding Internet Broadcasting and Combating Criminal Offences Committed via Internet Broadcasting’.
But besides the above, online betting in Turkey is considered legal based on the ‘Law Regarding Football and Other Sports Betting‘. Brick-and-mortar casinos and online sports betting sites are overseen by the Spor Toto Organization, with the Ministry of Youth and Sports regulating them. On the other hand, the Ministry of Youth and Sports regulates the Turkish lottery, while the Ministry of Agriculture oversees horse racing.
IDDAA is Turkey’s leading betting site, though there are other six licensed Turkish bookies. They include Birebin, Nesine, Oley, Bilyoner, Misli, and Tuttur. With such limited options, it’s no wonder that a majority of Turkish bettors choose to play at foreign international bookies who are known for high odds and wider betting options and markets.
Important information for Turkish Players
As a Turkish bettor, you need to be aware of certain essential things before signing up to your favourite bookie and begin placing bets. For instance, in 2013, the Turkish government came up with a law that targeted persons who wagered on unlicensed foreign bookies.
The authorities threatened that those found betting at illegal betting sites should be prepared to pay huge fines, with prosecutions having been made from time to time. Besides bettors, international bookmakers were also a target, with some of them getting blocked following a massive crackdown of illegal betting sites from 2017 to 2019. But despite all these popular international websites still operate thanks to mirror sites that are accessible via VPN.
Turkish most reputable international betting firms
Sports betting enthusiasts in Turkey have the freedom of placing their bets on any international bookie that they prefer. While there are plenty of them currently in business, we saw the need of finding the best ones that stand from the crowd. We managed to identify three of them as explained below:
This sportsbook is ideal for players in search of attractive initial deposit bonuses in addition to a wide array of sports to bet on. This is what this bookie offers in addition to accepting deposits in Turkish currency. 1XBet Turkey offers its customers high football odds, more than 100 betting markets, and a 98% payout on top five European leagues. In terms of deposit methods, this bookie has a wide array of payment options such as EcoPayz, CepBank, and Local Bank Transfer.
|1||100% up to 100€||1xbet Review||Visit|
This is another popular bookmaker in Turkey providing bettors with more than 48 sports and an average of 1000 daily sporting events. It also offers a 95% payout on some of the most major football leagues across Europe in addition to a vast betting market. 22Bet Turkey has a website that’s optimized in Turkish and also accepts the Turkish lira. That’s not all about this bookie. It also offers its players mouth-watering welcome bonuses, attractive daily proms and plenty of deposit options.
|1||100% up to 100€||22Bet Review||Visit|
This bookie has a webpage fully translated in the Turkish language in addition to more than 55 sports and 1,000 pre-match events for players to wager on. Furthermore, this bookmaker has a 97%+ overall payout in addition to a wide range of betting markets. Deposits can be made via popular payment methods such as Astropay and EcoPayz.
|1||100% up to 200€||Betwinner Review||Visit|
Sports Betting in Turkey: How to make deposits at online bookies
The government of Turkey has given powers to the country’s Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK) to supervise and block any transactions to and from foreign bookies. The crackdown is aimed at curbing the growth of illegal sports betting operators.
On the other hand, those who choose to bet on international betting sites can use certain methods of deposit, with the most popular ones being bank transfers. But again, Turkish authorities have gone even a step further to put in place measures to block other payments methods such as the use of cryptocurrencies. Therefore, some of the safest deposit methods for those who choose to bet on international betting sites should consider using vouchers or e-wallets.
The future of online sports betting in Turkey
Based on how things are in Turkey at the moment, the future of the country’s online sports betting looks somewhat uncertain or unknown. Sports betting is regulated in Turkey with the state maintaining a strict stand towards unlicensed sports betting sites. Unfortunately, there seems to be no reverse gear on this.
The same applies to sports betting enthusiasts who choose to place their bets on unlicensed bookies, as the authorities keep issuing constant threats to them that they risk prosecution. But despite all the restrictive measures and government threats, there are more than 700 unlicensed bookies (a majority of them being scam sites) offering their services to Turkish bettors.
For the above reason, it would be wise for Turkish authorities to stop issues threats or block international betting sites as they are fighting a losing battle. Instead, they should grant sports betting licenses to them since local bookies don’t offer Turkish bettors high-quality odds, a wide array of betting options and markets. With the future of online sports betting looking uncertain, it’s up to the Turkish government to decide the future of online sports betting in Turkey.
A full list of online sports betting sites in Turkey
- 22BET – 22BET offers bettors more than 1,000 live events on a daily basis, a 95% payout on some of the top leagues, and a chance to cash out some of their funds.
- 1XBET – here, bettors are assured of more than 50 sports to bet on, Asian handicaps, and 1,000 live matches daily.
- 888sport – 888sport has more than 10,000 live events on a monthly basis, a bet builder, and more than 40 different sports in place.
- BETWINNER – at BETWINNER, bettors are assured of more than 1000 pre-match events, 98%+ on tennis matches, and a chance to place bets on horse racing.
- FEZbet – this bookie has got the cashout option, fast markets, and next minute bets.
- Bwin – Bwin offers its players more than 50 different sports, the ability to bet on cards and corners, and the ‘edit my bet’ feature.
- Librabet – This bookie offers bettors high odds on football in addition to having a wide variety of betting markets and attractive welcome bonuses.
- Bet365 – football lovers will find this bookie ideal for them as they offer high odds on football in addition to having several Asian handicap markets.
- UNIBET – at UNIBET, players are assured of more than 250,000 pre-match events every year, more than 10,000 live events on a monthly basis, and 96% on Asian Handicaps.
- Melbet – Melbet allows bettors to cashout partially or in full, a chance to bet in anonymity, and the assurance of player security while betting.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes it is. Sports betting in Turkey is legal. Players can bet on both online and land-based shops. Horse racing and lottery remain regulated, while casinos in Turkey aren't regulated.
- Besides local betting sites that operate in Turkey under the state-owned monopoly operator, there are other foreign bookies that operate without a license, such as Bets10, Tempobet, and 1xBet.
- There are several sportsbooks that have optimized their website in the Turkish language. Those that have so far managed to do so include Tornadobet, Melbet, Betwinner, 22Bet, and 1xBet.
- There could be several of them that do accept TYR as a currency. However, some of the most prominent ones that stand out include Evobet, Doublebet, Melbet, 22Bet, 1xBet, and Betwinner.
- Unfortunately, no. Bet365 isn't legal in Turkey and for this reason, it doesn't accept players from Turkey. The same is true for other international bookies.
- No. Just like Bet365 and every other international bookmaker, Bwin doesn't accept Turkish players. Bwin hasn't been issued with a license from the government, meaning Turkish players aren't accepted here.
- No. Betsson isn't accessible to local Turkish players. Betsson left the market after being denied a license to operate by the government of Turkey.